Troy C. Hendrix (Chris)
865.755.6188 | firstname.lastname@example.org
I am an out-of-the-box thinker who is capable of programming for either Windows or Linux server platforms in a variety of languages. With strong experience in real-world business settings, I excel at exploring customer needs, translating those needs into requirement lists, and developing a solution on-time and within budget by either leading a team of programmers or acting in a supportive role and taking the project from inception to completion.
Eagle Scout, Boy Scouts of America
VersionOne, Jira, Basecamp
Web Design, multi-media presentations, POS systems, CMS, inventory systems, budgeting software, time clock systems, image processing applications, warehouse pricing systems, governmental bibliographic database systems, auction websites, customized e-commerce systems, Amazon ECS product lookup system, Amazon WMS inventory management, Insurance quoting applications, CRM, Sales Origination Applications.
|03/13 – Present
.NET Developer II – Maryville, TN
Communicate and perform efficiently on a highly effective agile development team
Train end users and provided ongoing service ticket support
Mentor new employees and junior developers
Create wire-frames and mock-ups
Task business requirements
Rapidly develop and iterate product and feature prototypes
Quality test and code review
Use and contribute to style guides
Participate in and contribute to various communities of practice including career pathing and code quality
Identify and react to risks which may impact sprint commitments
Assist with maintaining a stable QA environment
Translate creative direction into conceptual ideas.
Identify and eliminate defects
Identify areas to enhance the user experience.
Environment: CF 10, MSSQL, CSS3, HTML5, Angular, C#, git,Jira
|10/09 – 03/13
Programmer – Columbus, OH
Responsible for discovery, planning, programming, troubleshooting, training, and technical documentation of customized programming and network of websites.
Assisted in programming, maintaining, and upgrading a family of 10 e-commerce websites.
Automated daily tasks with ColdFusion 8 to automate ftp downloads of vendor products, parsing of the data into the database, analyzing prices on amazon, and loading that inventory back to the Amazon system for sales.
Coordinated development with 3rd party technology vendors.
Developed a multi-threaded price scraping system to analyze hundreds of competitor websites for msrp violations and lower prices.
Environment: ColdFusion 8.0, MS SQL, CSS, svn
|03/08 – 10/09
Senior Programmer – Knoxville TN
- Responsible for discovery, planning, programming, troubleshooting, training, and technical documentation of customized programming
- Assisted in technical support for over 200 clients
- Enhanced, documented, and supported legacy code repository
- Designed, Programmed, and Implemented custom CMS solutions, e-commerce, auction, and government research applications
Environment: Python on Django, Satchmo, Apache, CSS, MySQL, svn
|12/03 – 03/08
||Slack Management Company / Book Warehouse
IT Director – Knoxville TN
- Programmed and implemented a budget system to manage the day to day operations for a 10 store retail operation with over 150 employees.
- Programmed and Implemented a merchandise pricing system
- Programmed and implemented a real-time product dispersal system to avoid overstocks
- Designed and implemented a point of sales system capable of supporting 99 stores in near real-time data transfer
- Designed, programmed, and supported a web-based back office data system to manage supplies, sales, inventory, employees, budgeting and purchasing for a 10 store retail chain with 150 employees
- Network and PC Tech support
- Managed the Internet fulfillment division and company warehouse
- Responsible for customized sales analytics and trending reports for over 2M units in stock
- Increased and maintained Internet sales from $3000/month to $50,000+/month in eight weeks
Environment: Classic ASP, MSSQL, Amazon ECS, XML, CSS, HTML, C#
|05/96 – Present
||SkuFlow Inventory Systems
Owner – Maryville TN
- Programmed real-time wireless inventory system, CRM, sales system, time clock, and business reporting applications
- Organized and promoted three international book shows
- Designed and programmed software for high speed image printing
- Designed and programmed large volume e-commerce systems
- Designed and maintained custom web sites.
Environment: ASP, MSSQL, web services, Amazon ECS, XML, CSS3, HTML5, C#, Coldfusion, git
|10/95 – 05/97
||American General Life & Accident Insurance
Agent – Knoxville, TN
- Prospected for new customers and sales while managing policies for over 350 families
|10/95 – 05/97
Receiving, Stocking, and Return Manager – Lexington, TN
- Assisted in the development of a corporate industrial equipment safety program
- Assisted in starting up a new warehouses and transferring product
- Responsible for processing returns from over 900 stores
- Assisted in managing receiving and stocking areas as needed (+500k sf warehouse)
University of Tennessee, Knoxville, 1993
Bachelor of Science, Logistics & Transportation
Available upon request.